Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an impactful Director of Consumer Bot Mitigation Engineering to play a meaningful role in furthering Nike’s Bot Mitigation Capabilities. This role will lead with a focus on bot mitigation and fairness to provide Nike’s most passionate members and consumers access to our most coveted products. You will lead the teams as they innovate and build technology that delivers the fairest launch experience across the globe. You will apply your expertise to influence the broader organization’s strategy regarding bots and fairness as well as innovate new approaches in mobile, edge, and cloud!
You are a transformative technology leader with a keen eye for business. You lead cross-functional teams of engineers, technical product & program managers. You influence the strategy end-to-end across the technology stack, teams, functions and partners. You collaborate with shared enterprise data and architecture teams. You partner closely with Product peers and Business leaders to craft the digital future of sport.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Prior experience in crafting and/or implementing/integrating bot mitigation technologies for high heat products such as footwear, apparel, or electronics
- Experience designing and leading highly scalable and auto-scalable systems for large traffic spikes
- Experience leading distributed systems engineering teams in software companies
- Demonstrated expertise in building and running web-scale applications, information storage and retrieval systems at scale in public cloud infrastructure.
- You have led other managers and have provided guidance to the organization to execute towards an inspiring vision.
- Passionate about engineering and operational excellence and DevOps Maturity.
- Thrives when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services to defined SLA’s
- Ability to navigate different partner perspectives, build a plan and effectively communicate how they will be impacted by the services you build to drive towards successful outcomes
- Passion, motivation and drive to take company strategies, priorities and vision, break it down into goals and outcomes for your teams to excite and empower them for sustained period of time
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As the Director of Consumer Bot Mitigation Engineering, you will lead and build positive relationships with product and business partners to influence product roadmaps, efficient adoption and use of capabilities. This role requires strengths in technology leadership, leading technology innovation teams, relationship development/management, and multi-functional team building.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will champion Nike’s corporate bot strategies and help the teams understand how their work contributes to the success of the company.
- Help turn strategy into roadmaps and execution for mobile and cloud systems.
- Build great teams and empower them to do their best work by being well informed by strategy and goals.
- Prioritize Launch and Bot technology initiatives over the next 3 years using a future-focused approach and strategic planning.
- Build an environment where seamless delivery of major roadmap items is the norm.
- Develop the technical roadmap and promote the value of technical investment with data and storytelling.
- Set and publish goals for large technical investments. Report back with data on performance compared to goals.
- Deliver technical initiatives in collaboration with multi-functional partners within business and operational groups to deliver consumer value without negative impact to existing business or consumer experience.
- Collaborate with your peers to constantly stay on the top tier edge of standard methodologies inside and outside of Nike.
- Partner across all functions and collaborate with leaders in all functions to deliver on strategy.
- Run highly scalable and resilient systems to gracefully handle volatile workload patterns.
- Leads the design and development of technical solutions that have significant strategic, long-term impact on the business and achieve competitive advantage for the company, aligned with the strategic objectives of Nike and future architectural standards.
- Establishes and communicates a strategic vision for multiple systems and solution areas, helping colleagues translate that vision into value drops and deliverable technical components.
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making.
- Adopt and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability.
- Leads and grows a team of passionate engineers globally.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors degree or higher or Combination of relevant education, experience and training; advanced degree in business or engineering preferred.
- 8+ years of technology experience in software development and management of full stack software solutions with a solid understanding of business needs.
- 3+ years experience working in a Bot Mitigation environment.
- 2+ years of technology leadership.
- The ability to establish credibility through vision, thought leadership, technical expertise and implementation.
- Exceptional leadership, teamwork and relationship-building skills. Experience developing strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Nike.
- Experience building, leading and retaining teams of diverse talents as well as creating a culture of innovation, accountability and a commitment to achieving results.
- Proven success and experience delivering clear executive level communications.
- Self-directed and adept at working in ambiguous environments.
- Strong understanding of scalable platforms and technologies.
- Ability to lead globally distributed engineering teams.
- Ability to travel 10%.
*Remote Work Option – open to remote work except cannot work in the following locations: SD,VT, and WV. These candidates will be required to relocate.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $147,500 to $321,000. Actual salary will vary based on a candidate’s location, qualifications, skills, and experience.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.