▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 77,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶ About This Opportunity
The Associate Category Manager will primarily assist the Category Team in the strategic development, and tactical execution category plans that are consistent with the overall Merchandise strategy. The intent of the role is for the individual to become well versed in Category Management & Process, Merchandising Principles, Connectivity between departments and roles, and CSA development and presentation of category initiatives and verification.
Primary Span of Control:
- The ACM Cig/Tob will be responsible for being the Regulatory conduit between the Cig/Tob team and Vendors, Legal, Compliance, and Government Affairs Department. ACM will actively monitor regulatory landscape and keep sync’d with all parties current, and upcoming regulatory activities that may impact the category and stores.
- Ownership of backbar fixture installs and resets. The category continuously refreshes and installs fixtures in locations to upgrade backbars. This individual will work closely with manufacturer partners to identify stores for install, curate and communicate installation schedules, and work through procurement to ensure payment to 3rd party installers.
- Ownership of smaller categories to manage vendor relationship with oversight from CMs. Lighters and Wraps/Papers. This will provide practical application of learned principles, processes, and procedures.
- Support CMs with planning, placement, and management of activity in Sales Plan Templates and other sales plan related documents used to communicate Sales Plan activity to stores.
- Support CMs with pricing, both decisioning and tactical execution in existing systems and templates with oversight and approval from CMs.
- Participate in Category Meetings/Calls as required.
Secondary Span of Control:
- Ensure marketing and POP are developed for categories for monthly sales plan; proof monthly solicitation for accuracy, make recommendations as necessary to support development of regional POP item forecasts.
- Support Product Director and Category Managers on day-to-day activities that include the preparation for and engagement in vendor meetings, product assortment integrity, verification of past or current initiatives, fill rate, schematic adjustments.
- Analyze and share insights with Category Managers, Product Director, and other Operations leadership to driving improved results and enhance understanding of the business.
- Evaluate SSI and NRIs for further testing or expansion to ensure the optimal recommended assortment. Review recommendations with CMs for implementation.
- Support testing activity including preparation/delivering communication materials, tracking of results/feedback to Test areas/stores, verification in stores/Franchise feedback.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Year Degree.
- Experience: 1-3 years.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective communication.
- Negotiating experience.
- Understanding of financial methodology to determine costs and to develop annual business plan.