BUILD TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP AVIONICS)
- Fabricate, assemble, and integrate high quality, high reliability wire harness and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as controlled documentation and processes:
- Cable harnesses including wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, and GD&T
- Assembly procedures and work instructions
- Schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical and precision calibrated tools
- Perform electrical checkouts using custom setups combined with off the shelf equipment/components
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document future processes
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronic hand tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience fabricating or inspecting wire harness and cable assemblies
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military, or other high-reliability operating environment
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted
- Willing to travel; position is based in Brownsville, TX, however work at other SpaceX facilities for similar work may be required
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Build Technician/Level 1: $18.00/hour
Build Technician/Level 2: $23.00/hour
Build Technician/Level 3: $28.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.