COMPRESSED AIR TECHNICIAN
- Service air compressors, dryers, blowers, dust collectors and vacuum pumps
- Ensure all safety measures are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of direct reports
- Communicate with Manager on daily activities, projects, team morale, and concerning issues
- Work with outside contractors and vendors to assure we are receiving high quality work and services
- Manage vendor/contractor finances. Work with SpaceX buyers and AP to assure accounts are maintained
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of experience working in compressed air systems
- Forklift experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Compressor/vacuum pump/dust collector knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans, working drawings, conforms to job site safety requirements as well as the ability to complete company safety specific orientation
- Repair and maintain oil free and oil flooded air compressors, dryers, pumps, etc
- Determines root causes of equipment breakdowns, testing with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling, makes necessary repairs, performs preventative maintenance on compressed air equipment/vacuum pump systems
- Knowledge of the dangers of pressurized systems and understanding of how to isolate the system while working on them
- Familiar with pressure fittings and tubing size requirements
- Construction, Mechanical, or Manufacturing background with experience using tools in those fields
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, and/or overtime as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. from the floor unassisted
- Ability to work while standing on lifts and ladders
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compressed Air Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Compressed Air Technician/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Compressed Air Technician/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.