▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 77,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶ About This Opportunity
ESC Construction Manager –
The Existing Store Construction Manager contributes to 7-Eleven's success through the hands-on management of multiple retail store and fuels construction projects. In this multi-faceted role, you will develop and lead the Pre-Construction, Construction, and Post-Turnover phases of assigned projects.
In CEEF (Construction, Engineering, Energy and Facilities), we are passionate about fostering collaborative relationships across a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders. We are seeking customer-focused, 7-Eleven brand evangelists who will strive to ensure the safe, timely, and cost-effective delivery of projects.
Project types for Existing Stores Construction Managers include national rollouts, EV deployment, full remodels, fueling system upgrades, and the addition of QSRs.
- The Construction Manager will assist in determining project feasibility by developing scopes of work consistent with operational needs and within budget parameters.
- Participate in design reviews, permitting, and the preparation of bid documents to ensure scope of work is aligned with project financial objectives.
- Work with Sourcing to negotiate the total cost/schedule of the project with contractors.
- Liaise with municipal authorities to understand local requirements and gain necessary approvals and permits.
- Develop and oversee project schedule(s).
- Provides field oversight and direction during the construction phase from groundbreaking through issue of final occupancy permit.
- Accountable for regular reporting including degree of completion, estimated date of turnover to operations, actual costs, and cost forecasts.
- Manage and communicate all potential field change orders and associated financial impacts
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with construction plans and specifications, to the highest quality standards and within brand identity guidelines.
- Work with the Project Controls Team in maintaining project cost tracking, estimating, and project’s financial adherence to budget.
- Assist Sourcing in setting high standards for GC's by implementing best practices to improve overall delivery and better understand GC construction cost trends.
- Assist/lead Value Engineering exercises with our internal teams and external contractors.
- Promptly communicate the occurrence of any safety incident and participate in any root cause investigation initiated as a result.
- Hand over projects to Facilities after successful completion of commissioning protocols and clearance of punch items.
- Ensure upload and/or update of all relevant documentation such as as-built design, drawings, certificates, permits and licenses, final authorizations, warranty certificates, equipment manuals, etc.
- Accountable for financial project closure, cancelation of open Purchase Orders and associated release of Capex.
- Ensure the asset registers are up to date, reflecting the actual equipment installed and its value.
- Must be willing to travel between 50-70% of the time.
What will set you apart:
- Operations experience in convenience retail, retail fueling systems, or (QSR) restaurant environments
- Understanding of ADA laws and how they apply to convenience stores, restaurants, and retail fueling
- Expertise in installing and maintaining retail (UST) fueling systems
- Experience in strategic bidding and negotiating for construction projects
- API 1646 Certified (must obtain within first 30 days of hire or transfer)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering, facility or construction management, architecture, or business-related field
- Alternatively: High School diploma/GED with equivalent experience or 4 + years of US military experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience leading project management functions in a multi-site construction environment
- Ability to develop cost estimates, schedules, and analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment
- Working knowledge of Control of Work and OSHA principles and controls
- Experience using MS Outlook, MS Excel, and project or construction management program(s), such as MS Project, Primavera or Procore