CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
As a member of the construction projects team you will work with a group of elite engineers across multiple disciplines to design, build, and activate infrastructure for a variety of projects at the Rocket Development Facility as well as other SpaceX Facilities. This role is responsible for the design, build, and activation of infrastructure, facilities improvements and large capital projects. You will have the opportunity to drive positive change and own projects from start to finish, with the goal of making the SpaceX campus a world-class facility. This position is based in McGregor, TX.
- Write and manage construction contracts with subcontractors across multiple disciplines through contract close-out
- Perform project control tasks, including project scheduling, budgeting, and cost control
- Manage all aspects of multi-discipline construction projects in the field
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, and internal customers
- Resolve design and construction conflicts in the field in real time
- Oversee and own full lifecycle of projects to achieve on-time and under budget delivery with customer satisfaction. The following project management responsibilities are applicable:
- Manage tools and folder systems relating to the organization of our construction projects
- Provide budgetary costs based upon the preliminary scope of the project
- Gather proposals from architects, engineers and contractors; assign contracts upon receipt of all proposals
- Develop the final cost and schedule for the project, and implement controls as needed to manage cost, schedule and scope
- Facilitate city, county, and governmental approvals
- Coordinate project implementation and track project status
- Work with the facilities team and end user in order to operationalize the post-construction building operations and maintenance functions
- Coordinate with end user and facilities team for building operations and maintenance
- Manage night shift contractors as project work requires
- Take on new projects ad-hoc as the business needs
- 3+ years of professional experience in architecture, engineering, construction management, or facilities management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management, or an engineering discipline
- Previous experience with project management and scheduling software
- Design experience in a technical field
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of processes of jurisdictional permitting and/or environmental agencies
- Understanding of multiple disciplines such as civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, piping, geotechnical, and surveying
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings, blueprints, and technical manuals
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while maintaining a high sense of urgency in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Manufacturing facility experience
- Ability to work at elevated heights (200+ feet)
- Physical effort with lifting and carrying materials or equipment (up to 25 lbs.)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed based on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Valid driver’s license
- Occasional travel may be required to support vehicle operations at production and launch sites
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Construction Project Manager: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.