CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
As a member of the construction projects team, you will work with a group of elite engineers across multiple disciplines to design, build, and activate infrastructure for a variety of projects at the Starlink production facility. This role is responsible for the planning and execution of new facility construction projects, renovation projects and strategic planning of office and production space. You will work with construction project managers, facility engineers, designers, facilities and maintenance team, vendors and internal partners/customers to support these goals. You will have the opportunity to drive positive change and own projects from start to finish, with the goal of making the SpaceX campus a world-class manufacturing facility. This position is based in Redmond, WA.
- Oversee and own full lifecycle of projects to achieve on-time and under budget delivery with customer satisfaction. The following project management responsibilities are applicable:
- Provide guidance and input on preliminary scope/customer requests, including ROM costs
- Gather proposals from architects, engineers, vendors or contractors
- Evaluate competitive bids as appropriate
- Review proposals for accuracy, identify and track cost saving suggestions or improvements
- Recommend best path of action
- Develop the final cost and schedule for the project
- Implement controls as needed to track and manage cost, schedule and scope
- Write and manage construction contracts with subcontractors across multiple disciplines through contract close-out
- Facilitate city, county, building owner, and governmental approvals
- Resolve design and construction conflicts in the field in real time
- Track and approve invoicing of work
- Manage all aspects of multi-discipline construction projects in the field.
- Coordinate with end user and facilities team for building operations and maintenance.
- Manage night shift/early morning contractors as project work requires.
- Take on new projects ad-hoc as the business needs.
- Manage tools, documentation and folder systems relating to the organization of our construction projects.
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, and internal customers.
- Review and manage project request tickets; create work orders when needed and manage to completion.
- Prepare and coordinate with operation teams for annual safety, real property and/or landlord property inspections. Escort inspectors as necessary.
- Associate degree and 4+ years of experience in architecture, engineering, construction management, or facilities management or Bachelors degree and 2+ years of professional experience in architecture, engineering, construction management, or facilities management.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, or an engineering discipline.
- 1+ years of professional experience with strategic facilities planning experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience with manufacturing facility experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience with construction cost estimates.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and calculations; ability to mark up and highlight coordination items.
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Able to manage priorities and multiple projects at once.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while maintaining a high sense of urgency in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively.
- Previous experience with project management and scheduling software.
- Strategic facilities planning, technical design, or value engineering experience.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software/task tracking software.
- Proficient knowledge in PDF editor software such as Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat.
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of processes of jurisdictional permitting and/or environmental agencies.
- Understanding and ability to interact with vendors of multiple disciplines such as civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, piping, geotechnical, and surveying.
- Ability to work at elevated heights, outdoor environments (heat, cold, rain, snow).
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 35 lbs.).
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed based on site operational needs.
- Ability to provide on-call support in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Occasional travel may be required based on specific project tasks.
- Valid driver’s license.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Construction Project Manager: $95,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.