- Assist the Facilities Manager(s) in all aspects of project implementation as needed
- Create and take part in meetings and presentations with executive leadership
- Provide campus wide reporting on departmental spend, ticketing, and other metrics as requested
- Maintain contracts for facilities services such as elevators, cranes, waste, recycling, pest control, landscaping, and other repair services
- Obtain multiple bids from competing contractors
- Perform job walk-downs with vendors, engineers, supervisors, and managers
- Work with the purchasing department to ensure vendors are approved, vetted, and insured
- Assist with badging, ITAR, NDA requirements, and safety training
- Create RFPO’s and assist buyers with vendor selection
- Ensure purchase orders are accurate with no cost over runs
- High school diploma or equivalency certification
- 5+ years of facility vendor and contract management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with facilities within the aerospace industry
- Familiarity with space planning procedures and operations
- Knowledge of computer applications and the ability to easily navigate through different computer software programs
- Ability to create and update RFPO’s and facilities work orders in an ERP software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Logical and strategic approach to solving problems
- Ability to read and understand basic floor plans
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic directions
- Schedule varies based on site operational needs, overtime and weekends could be required; flexibility required
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.