- Perform routine building maintenance tasks including non-technical troubleshooting and repair of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and/or carpentry requests
- Conduct repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including painting, patching walls, replacing ceiling tiles, assembling furniture, office equipment, and kitchen equipment, installing, replacing, and repairing carpet, tiles, etc.
- Coordinate and manage multi-trade projects working with skilled partners and vendors while communicating with production engineers and production management on project timelines
- Perform inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls, flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, and lighting
- Aid janitorial and hospitality staff with general requests for support in the manufacturing and office spaces including moving furniture, racks, and equipment, disposing of garbage using forklifted dumpster bins, set-up and tear down of special event areas
- Manage other campus-wide operations and maintenance programs and inventory spaces assigned by facilities management
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts when needed
- Open, track, and resolve electronic work tickets on SpaceX’s custom work order system
- Adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of facilities and/or maintenance experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in construction, project management, equipment maintenance, and tenant improvements
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R), concrete, framing, and industrial gas trade
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Familiar with industrial air fittings and maintenance
- Able to read instructions and blueprints
- Project management software, MS Excel, Word, or other project tracking software
- Written and verbal communication skills, use of MS Outlook and Teams
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Own their own set of basic maintenance tools
- Safety training and use of fork lifts, scissor lifts, cranes & hoists, fall protection equipment
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Estimated start times:
- 1st shift: Monday to Friday from 7 AM – 3:30 PM
- 2nd shift: Sunday to Thursday from 2 PM – 10:30 PM
- On-call 1 weekend/month
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must have a valid WA driver’s license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Facilities Technician/Level 1: $22.00 - $25.00/hour
Facilities Technician/Level 2: $24.50 - $29.00/hour
Facilities Technician/Level 3: $27.00 - $32.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.