The Financial Systems Manager Project Hire (through March 7th, 2025) Communications Lead (FSM) supports the communication management processes for defined projects related to the company’s financial systems as well as select front-of-house systems. The FSM’s key focus will be to develop and execute detailed communication plans partnering with project team members to align and integrate these plans with the overall project deliverables, comprehensive organizational change management plans, and training plans. Deliverables and plans should be developed ensuring that they will meet the business needs and objectives culminating in the ultimate successful adoption of the defined project objectives.
The ideal candidate would have experience with technology projects related to financial and front-of-house systems. Must have experience with projects at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit level, and have demonstrated ability to learn new systems and processes.
Candidate should be familiar and comfortable with leveraging current best practices and new technological trends supporting adult learning, non-traditional communication and training approaches, including social media and interactive web-based deliverables to enhance the effectiveness of communication deliverables.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Implement communication strategy - support the design, development, delivery, and management of communications
- Develop, manage, and execute tactical communication plans and timelines, as part of the overall project plan, in collaboration with Project Manager(s)
- Determine how communications will be handled throughout the impacted organizations
- Develop and execute specific communication messages for the varying levels of the organization directly and impacted by the change, at critical stages of the project for employees, managers, and higher leadership levels
- Determine and measure change analytics to gauge the effectiveness of communication deliverables
- Work with subject matter experts to develop communication materials, including presentations, job aides, resources, etc.
- Align communications to support the creation and delivery of training programs, including requirements, design, and implementation
- Develop structure around ambiguity or with limited information
- Anticipate, define, and prioritize needs
- Executes activities to ensure project work stream progresses on schedule
- Effectively and proactively communicate with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Network to establish and build partnerships and relationships
- Assesses issues and identify solutions to meet work stream and project deliverable commitments
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- 5 years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in internal communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle - to create and implement engagement and communication strategies
- Strong analytical skills to determine organizational needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Experience supporting global audiences with unique content and communications needs
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Demonstrated self-starter; able to prepare communication materials with minimal input
- Partner and collaborate with clients in providing communication services and support ensuring consistency and quality in messaging and execution
- Comfortable/at ease with technology - ability to learn new tools quickly and use them for distributing communications (SalesForce)
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, their needs and potential reactions to communications and training
- Passion for and knowledge of new media and emerging technologies to deliver best practice communication solutions
The hiring range for this position in California is $122,940.00 to $150,260 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.