Who is 7-Eleven?
You may know us as a familiar name, an iconic brand, or your friendly neighborhood store.
But there’s a lot more to our story and even more left to be written about this 90+ year old brand. At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk, eggs, and watermelon to better serve our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in awesome ways. And we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to help make history with us.
How do we lead?We are guided by our Leadership Values and Principles
We value and serve:
• our customers,
• our stores and each other
• and the greater good.
Each of our principles has a defined set of behaviors which help drive the 7-Eleven team to
Serve Customers and Support Stores.
1. Be Customer Obsessed
2. Be Courageous With Your Point Of View
3. Challenge the Status Quo
4. Act Like an Entrepreneur
5. Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
6. Do The Right Thing
7. Be Accountable
What about the role?
The Foodservice Training Specialists helps new and existing Field Operations employees and Franchisees gain the knowledge and skills necessary to run profitable food programs with high brand standards.
Foodservice Training Specialists are also responsible for coordinating training to improve foodservice sales and margins, ordering, production, component management, equipment management and food safety in a specific area/division; identifies and communicates sales opportunities and service issues to operations.
•Coordinates all facets of and facilitates food training, and certification programs for store and field employees to ensure they are properly educated to execute related job tasks
• Coordinates with Food Marketing, Training and Operations on all food service and food safety training initiatives
• Performs train-the-trainer sessions for Field Operations and other support groups as needed
• Keeps abreast on food safety knowledge and certifications (e.g., ServSafe)
• Maintains working knowledge of Federal, State and local rules and regulations in order to ensure compliance for food service and food safety programs
• Use communication, coaching and feedback skills to deliver training programs.
• Provide feedback (both written and verbal) throughout the training program.
• Communicate progress to field leaders within appropriate timeframes.
• Evaluates and coaches’ employees on areas of opportunity and growth, and provides feedback and/or recommendations.
• Motivate store teams and learners to increase food sales and ensure efficiency to promote good customer service.
• Serve as a role model for store staff and learners on customer service, effective customer complaint resolution, product quality and cleanliness processes.
• Identifies and implements process changes, at the store level, to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction and to increase sales/margin.
• Completes other duties, including special projects and requests from stakeholders.
• Ability to travel depending on program needs or initiatives up to 50–75% of the time, which may include overnight stays
• This role is 100% remote but should be based out of the Midwest, East Coast or Texas.
• 4-year degree or 3+ years of equivalent experience
• Management experience
• Previous experience in operations or human resources preferred
• Leadership skills and team-oriented thinking
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent computer/technology skills and a predisposition for program solving
Reports to: Manager- Food Program Execution
Direct Reports: None
Career Level: Professional I