SpaceX is preparing to launch at an incredible tempo out of multiple launch complexes and process more Payloads than ever. The Facilities Manager is responsible for keeping the backbone infrastructure in operational working order from our payload facility HVAC systems to the office modifications and maintenance at launch sites.
- Lead a team responsible for all facilities operations at the SpaceX Cape Canaveral launch site, dedicated to ensuring zero unplanned interruption in services to employees and customers including Launch Complexes 40 & 39A, launch pads, payload processing facilities, launch control centers, data centers, fabrication facilities and engineering/administrative office buildings
- Provide liaison support between CCAFS, KSC, local government, community leaders and suppliers for SpaceX business requirements, connecting appropriate resources for actionable and comprehensive resolutions
- Manage the maintenance, repair, and installation of all facility related infrastructure and utilities -- buildings, HVAC equipment, industrial mechanical systems, water infrastructure, and grounds
- Develop, plan and execute site improvement projects, based off manifest needs and requests of the operations teams to bolster process and efficiency improvements
- Manage construction projects being performed at the facility to ensure that the work is being performed correctly, on-budget, on-time, and with minimal interruption to the surrounding operations or personnel
- Oversee contractors for facilities renovation projects including all mechanical, structural, HVAC, electrical, and water systems to ensure vendors meet corporate standards and deliver promised services and materials
- Manage overall preventative maintenance program for all company sites, help develop priorities and strategies for large repair/replacement
- Manage the company fleet vehicles (non-flight hardware related), maintenance, registration, insurance and coordinate purchasing
- Provide on-call 24x7 support for any facility related troubleshooting or emergency repairs
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of professional work experience within a manufacturing, production or facilities-focused environment
- 3+ years of leadership experience, either leading people and/or multi-discipline projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with building and managing automated facilities, monitoring systems, and processes including: HVAC systems, fluid plumbing systems, high-power electrical systems, telecommunications infrastructure, fire suppression systems, generators, above and underground fuel storage systems, and other facility and grounds requirements
- Experience with facilities capital planning and management
- Organized and self-driven capable of working independently with little direction
- Demonstrate innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to independently and effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced and changing environment
- Oversee projects on time, deal with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and work with a diverse array of contacts
- Ability to provide 24x7 on-call support in emergency situations
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Must be willing and able to work long hours, weekends, and non-standard workweek hours
- Must be comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, as well as able to absorb and re-plan for abrupt changes in strategic direction
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Facilities Manager: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.