Full Job Description
Hiring immediately for all management level positions (full-time and part-time)!
- Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, and Restaurant General Manager
- Hiring for locations in Temple City, Arcadia, Duarte, East Pasadena, Rosemead, Altadena, Irwindale, Monrovia, South El Monte
All you'll need is an outstanding attitude, willingness to learn and grow and the capability to excel in a fast-paced, team environment. We'll teach you the rest.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to work in management
- Must be a legal U.S. citizen
- Must obtain a California Food Handler Card verified by an accredited source prior to Orientation
- Previous experience in food service industry preferred
Job Description & Responsibilities:
We are hiring for all management level positions! Shift Manager, Department Manager, and General Manager.
For applicants interested in Assistant or General Manager level positions, the first 3 months of employment are considered as an introduction period, an opportunity for us to get to know you and for you to learn the McDonald's system. Pay during the introduction period is dependent on previous experience and performance. If you successfully pass your probationary period, the company will reevaluate your pay/salary, you will become eligible to participate in the company bonus program, and will be entitled to all benefits programs currently being offered to similarly situated employees.
In this role, you would oversee shifts every week and make sure customers get a fast, accurate, friendly experience every visit. You would provide leadership to Crew and other Managers during a shift to ensure outstanding Quality, Service and Cleanliness to customers. Shift Managers also play an important role in running great restaurants by:
- Supervising food safety and cleanliness procedures to ensure the team is meeting McDonald's standards
- Communicating effectively with Crew and the next Shift Managers to help them prepare to run a great shift, too
- Achieving targets during their shifts and help departments meet their goals
- Taking action to monitor safety, security, inventory and profitability
- Managing Crew schedules and encouraging high performance during their shift
- Providing exceptional customer service and quality food production
- Training new team members on critical job functions
Pay rate range: $17.00 - 19.50 / hour
Assistant managers have many key responsibilities in the restaurant which may include managing Training, Food Safety, and Inventory Management systems, setting goals, delegating tasks to their teams, following up, and reporting results back to their team and other managers.
- Kitchen Department Managers are committed to the restaurant delivering high quality food to customers quickly, that food is always safe, food cost is controlled, and that all kitchen staff are trained in production procedures, including new menu items.
- People Department Managers are responsible for making sure the restaurant hires qualified crew, trains them well, and schedules them to meet restaurant sales and profit goals. They also help Crew get off to a good start at the restaurant and engage employees through motivation and recognition.
- Guest Service Department Managers are dedicated to ensuring Crew and Managers deliver a memorable customer experience, that sales promotions are done well, that all service staff are trained in service procedures, and that the Front Counter McCafé and Drive-Thru areas are organized for the best service.
Pay rate range: $19.00 - 24.50 / hour
Restaurant General Manager
The General Manager is responsible for running a profitable restaurant and for making sure the restaurant meets McDonald’s critical customer standards of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness. These standards are high, so this is an extra-important role! The General Manager works with his/her leader to set the restaurant’s goals and builds a plan to achieve those goals. Other key responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of Department Managers with specific responsibilities in the restaurant
- Helping the Department Managers in setting their own goals, following up on their progress, and providing mentoring and direction to improve their Departments and the restaurant overall.
- Hiring, training, and developing Department and Shift Managers to make sure that the restaurant has the right team to lead customer service into the future.
Salary range starting at $65,000 / year
Bonus eligibility: Up to $2000 / month
Benefits (vary on management position)
- 100% tuition-covered college degree program through Colorado Technical University
- Up to $3000 in tuition assistance a year for eligible employees
- Free High School Diploma program through Career Online High School
- Free English as a Second Language classes
- Free education and career advising
- Competitive pay with Pay for Performance Bonus Program
- Health insurance available
- Dental insurance available
- 401(k) retirement savings plan available
- Paid sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Vacation eligibility
- Leadership development program with growth opportunity and on-the-job skills training classes
- Flexible schedules
- Referral program
- Free meals (applicable immediately before, during or after shifts)
- Free beverages (soft drinks, premium roast coffee, tea)
- Free uniforms
- Employee recognition events, birthday and anniversary celebrations
- Company contests, awards and cash prizes (Employee of the Month, drive-thru contests, anniversary awards)
- Christmas gift
- Yearly awards with cash bonus