Manage the overall general accounting function, including month-end close, general ledger reconciliation, and regulatory reporting. This position will oversee the Accounting Representatives and the Accounting Specialists. Ensure the accounting staff is adequately trained, functions are completed efficiently within regulatory compliance guidelines in a timely and accurate manner.
Ensures that accounting activities are in accordance with GAAP and established legal, regulatory, and Credit Union policies and procedures. The position is responsible for delivering outstanding internal service to fellow employees.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare month-end closing of the accounting records and general ledger
• Review and maintain general ledger reconciliations
• Oversee the daily activity and monthly reconciliation of correspondent bank accounts
• Monitor general ledger accounts for propriety of entries, review discrepancies and initiate solutions.
• Participate in various project meetings to ensure Accounting representation
• Aids and advises branch and department managers in handling accounting entries and reports and various comparative analyses.
• Effectively supervise accountants in all areas of their daily and monthly responsibilities including GL reconciliations, settlement balancing, accounts payable, ACH, Cash Maintenance, etc.
• Train and cross-train staff
• Review and approve prepaids, fixed assets, AP Invoices, GL Reconciliations
• Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports to assist as needed
• Effectively manage a positive team culture and encourage collaboration
Perform general duties including but not limited to:
• Preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budget and 5300 NCUA Call Report (quarterly)
• Prepares and Updates current procedures for the Accounting Department
• Ensure accounting functions are completed in accordance with regulatory compliance
• Maintain appropriate accounting records, files, and supporting documents.
• Assists and supports Credit Union personnel. Responds to questions and information needs.
• Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
• Oversee preparation and distribution of monthly branch budget reports.
• Partner with PFCU Leaders to assist in understanding variance drivers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Level Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5-10 Years
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations and Other Skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) (Required)
Abilities and Behaviors
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial institution / credit union preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related field
• Knowledge of accounting principles.
• Excellent Communication - verbal & written skills
• Takes Initiative
• Goal Oriented / Detailed Oriented
• Teamwork & Collaboration
• Respect for Others
• Build Trust & Loyalty
• Embrace Change
• Conflict resolution / decision making skills
• Decision Making
• Ability to multitask
• Passion for learning
• Strong customer / member service
• Maintain credit union confidentiality as it pertains to all aspects of the credit union.
• Maintain a good understanding and adhere to Partners FCU policies and procedures, NCUA, Federal and State regulations and with management approval documents exception to policy.
• Keep Updated on changing regulations as they relate to credit union products and services
• Consistently display teamwork, reliability, adaptability, strong product knowledge, and good judgment
• Complete basic compliance certification within 12 months of employment and complete intermediate certification every 24 months
• Meets department standards
• Meet or exceed the following standards of service:
o Treat members with respect
o Provide a warm greeting and make Members feel welcome
o Take ownership of requests
o Find a way to improve Member’s financial life
o Respond in an accurate and timely manner
o Create a “wow” Experience
The hiring range for this position is $84,050 to $127,380 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.