Netflix is looking for an experienced QA Manager to join the Netflix Game Studio in delivering the next generation of video games to a worldwide audience. This role is a part of the Operations team; driving the highest-quality testing standards of the new games on our world-class platform.
This role will require a deep skillset in leading QA Vendor partnerships and is responsible for ensuring all externally developed titles published on the Netflix platform meet and uphold Netflix quality standards. This role will be responsible for hiring and leading senior and lead-level professionals.
The QA Manager is a technically proficient and experienced leader, has an extensive background in all aspects of test methodology, and possesses a vast knowledge of the Android/iOS device universe and other consumer devices. The QA Manager has a proven track record of building highly effective QA teams, implementing best practices, establishing KPIs, and using data to drive and improve the testing strategy across diverse game titles.
- Lead a division of the External Games QA team for Netflix Game Studio
- Leading vendor partnerships to support the test effort for external developments, managing performance, and quality, while balancing business needs and costs
- Hire, coach, and lead senior and lead-level professionals
- Optimize the performance of projects using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Long-term resource planning and the ability to execute against those plans
- Establish KPIs to evaluate testing efforts, and vendor quality, implementing changes as necessary
- Proven ability to drive QA success via integrated cross-functional teams involving deep collaboration with engineering, design, and production partners
- Excellent cross-functional communication and influencing skills
- Develop QA frameworks that empower internal/external teams to be held accountable for upholding quality and player impact as an essential factor in decision-making
- Drive improvements toward and/or escalates risk patterns associated with our products and operations
- Drive strategy for all test development activities; estimation, planning, execution, reporting, closure
- Passion for games with a commitment to quality
- 10+ years of industry experience in QA
- Minimum 3 years professional test experience in the Gaming industry
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading QA professionals
- Strong knowledge of QA requirements, tools, and processes
- Technical requirements testing experience
- iOS/Android testing experience
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Flexible and team-oriented with excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects at scale
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master, Product Owner, ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- Experience as a QA Manager in a games publishing capacity
- Experience managing international QA teams and partners
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - $500,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.