Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Who we’re looking for
As the head coach, you direct creative initiatives across the enterprise and are responsible for the team’s delivery of design milestones and functional deliverables. Everyone sees you as a thought partner who can help guide the vision for the business. Have a presence in the industry and your high-level view of the work helps you give insights others can’t. Built a cultivating environment where different perspectives are valued and teammates are encouraged to grow and develop.
Who you’ll work with
The S23NYC Team is responsible for the UX and design of digital product features and capabilities that deliver the best possible brand experience across SNKRS, Launch, community and content experiences – defining how Nike connects with sneaker consumers and engages them through community and content across Nike’s digital ecosystem. As the key leader of this team, you’ll report into the Vice President of Nike Digital Product Design.
What your responsibilities will be
- Leading a large, well-rounded team of design managers (can include directors) and ICs across multiple, broad initiatives
- Defining and prioritizing the problems being solved, approach to initiatives, and coordinating the efforts of multiple design teams, the broader organization, an often Nike as a whole
- Leading all aspects of the overall vision execution, culture, process and results of your product areas and the Nike Digital Product Design org
- Demonstrating that diverse and inclusive teams are important to the success of Nike and actively building them
- Setting the career development strategy, cadence and template for managers and designers
- Leading resources (across the entire product area)to meet business goals and ensuring cross-functional product teams are set up for success
- Building a cohesive leadership team that drives the goals and success of the organization
- Sourcing, attracting and retaining diverse key and senior talent — proactively building hiring pipelines and seeking and attracting the best candidates
- Representing Nike Digital Product Design internally throughout the company and externally to the design industry by sharing your passion/skills/expertise
- Identifying, owning and successfully driving substantial Nike Digital Product Design org-wide initiatives that improve its caliber, efficiency and create a more positive work culture
What you bring to Nike
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training and experience in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 15+ years of proven experience in the design industry
- Experience leading managers and growing careers for best-in-class designers
- Can shape the look and feel of an experience based on your vision and taste
- Can identify extraordinary design and provide significant critiques of discrepancies/opportunities in the team's work
- Can influence executives and drive broad-scale initiatives to completion by constantly thinking beyond current organizational needs
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of your team’s work
- Ability to actively connect business leaders, design leaders and partners — empowering them to work together toward aligned outcomes
- Ability to use quality standards and available data to hold self/others accountable for examining decisions
- Able to define and clearly articulate vision and strategy to leadership
- Thinks and acts "big picture”
- Ability to speak to technical constraints, data science, experimentation, product, brand, business and strategy — connecting across subject areas to cultivate collaboration between teams
- Have successfully led and launched multiple large scale cross-platform design projects (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
- Inspirational and masterful storyteller and communicator who can deliver a vision and a path forward
- Ability to cultivate a culture that supports and encourages diversity and inclusion
- Passion for the Nike brand, sports and for creating high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and an expert understanding of digital tools and trends
- Candidates must submit an online portfolio (ALONG WITH PASSWORDS) with samples of their design work to be considered for the position.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $180,000 to $361,000. Actual salary will vary based on a candidate’s location, qualifications, skills, and experience.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.